- Date posted
- 25th November 2019
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £54,000 to £60,000
- £55k+ Neg Basic plus Bonus!
WANTED - PROCESS & IMPROVEMENT MANAGER ! (Great Role to play for this fast growing lighting brand)
Standards, Process & Improvement Manager - £55 - 60k Neg Basic + Bonus
Our Client is seeking a Standards, Process & Improvement Manager. This person will need to work proactively with all departments across the business to ensure that standards and processes are adhered to and continuously improved where necessary.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Proactive management, maintenance & improvement of internal and external audits
- Implement operational improvement strategies that are driven by insight and aligned with the organisation’s business goals to achieve a return on investment.
- Proactively partner with management to design and deliver a portfolio of work/interventions, challenging management teams to ensure that all performance initiative across the organisation are aligned to strategy
- Coach and influence management and employees to implement and sustain a beneficial change culture, challenging existing ways of thinking and working to maximise opportunities for business process improvement and complexity reduction.
- Drive operational excellence/business improvement skills transfer so that senior managers can support their own teams to embed critical mass of capability
- Identify opportunities for intervention/improvement and drive the core change needed for success to work collaboratively and create a clear value chain of improvement activity from end to end.
- Work collaboratively across the business to ensure an enterprise approach to bedding in operational excellence improvements and approach to ensure changes last.
- Provide evidence-based measurable improvements in operational excellence and business efficiency.
- Create and facilitate a continuous improvement culture through employee involvement
- Ensure a safe and compliant working environment
- Deliver monthly completion of Lean reported KPIs
- Focus on Quality and Safety continuous improvement activities as necessary
- Lead, participate or be process coach of local lean activities around Production and Business Process
- Waste identification and elimination
- Support Tenders on Environmental/Sustainability issues as required
- Monitoring, agreeing and communication of legislation requirements and related standards
- Support process owners in creating and updating process flows and remapping as required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge and experience of BSI standards
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with senior managers
- Excellent understanding of business processes, lean methodologies and continuous improvement
- Personal drive, energy and commitment
- Commercially astute
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel as required
Required Education and Experience
- Qualified to degree level within a STEM subject ( Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths)
- Previous experience of BSI audits (ISO9001 and ISO14001)
- Previous knowledge/experience of HEA advantageous
- IT literate
- Project management skills