- Date posted
- 4th August 2020
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £39,000 to £45,000
- £high Basic plus Bonus + Major Co Benefits Package !
PROUCT DESIGN ENGINEER WANTED FOR THIS GLOBAL LIGHTING BRAND - APPLY TODAY
Optical Design Engineer - ( LED Lighting ) £45k Neg Basic Plus Bonus + Benefits
Responsible for full life-cycle optical product design, working within a small cross-functional team and independently in order to generate new design concepts for customer applications & projects, as well as ‘in-house’ design projects....
- Define & agree customer technical requirements for detailed design through to production parts
- Support sales and commercial teams during quotation planning with design work breakdowns & timelines
- Generate detailed 3D part geometries using CAD design software to aid optical/mechanical simulation
- Use optical simulation software to determine the critical geometry characteristics of new optical designs and optimize designs to meet the design specification requirements
- Carry out optical & mechanical tolerance analysis to verify key feature functions on optical performance
- Conduct design reviews, documentation of design verification studies and validation test results. Presenting results to cross-functional teams or customers
- Generate 2D engineering drawings with GD&T, conducting DFM review in preparation for tooling phase
- Creation of new parts, control and release of design data through company ERP & PDM systems
- Process design changes using engineering change process to development or released designs & drawings
- Support cross-functional teams to resolve customer quality or performance issues
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree, HND level or equivalent qualification in Physics or a related Engineering discipline with optical content.
- Previous experience in Optical design with excellent knowledge of Optical design software e.g. Zemax or LightTools highly advantageous !
- Working knowledge of LED Lighting product design / packaged Opto-electronic devices including industry standards and specifications is a key pre-requisite !
- A good working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D & 2D.
- An understanding of injection-moulding part design tool requirements beneficial
- Ability to lead designs or work well within a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
- A commitment to producing right first time quality designs and parts.
Sound like you ? Apply today - Immediate start !
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007