- Date posted
- 20th December 2019
- United Kingdom
- £30,000 to £35,000
- £Neg Basic (DOE) + Bens
LIGHTING DESIGNER WANTED - IMMEDIATE START - INTERVIEWING NOW !!
Lighting Design Engineer - (Commercial & Industrial Lighting) £30-35k+ Neg Basic Plus BonusAs a result of increased customer demand for lighting designs coupled with strong sales growth, an opportunity has arisen for an in-house Lighting Design Engineer to work within the Technical Department. The right candidate will perform a pivotal role in supporting the Sales Team (Project Engineers in particular) to win projects by providing top-class lighting designs and related BIM files. This is an exciting time for the business, which is expanding rapidly into new sales channels and there will be plenty of opportunity for further training and upskilling. The ideal candidate would have good commercial lighting knowledge, a history of technical support and customer communication, together with project management experience.
- Working with the Sales Team primarily, and other key stakeholders in the delivery of lighting design projects.
- Review and interpret CAD files to create lighting designs that meet specification requirements.
- Deliver lighting designs as requested by Sales Team within agreed timelines.
- Project Management, take ownership of lighting design projects as allocated by the Lighting Design Manager.
- Support the Sales team in the tendering process.
- Carry out a comparative analysis of own products vs Competitor products through lighting designs and reports.
- Maintain product photometric files.
- Create product BIM files using Revit.
- To assist in technical support functions as business needs demand.
- Other tasks/activities as assigned by the Department Manager.
- 1 to 3 years of lighting design experience using Relux or Dialux.
- Technical graduate (e.g. IT/Engineering/Design) preferred.
- Experience in working with CAD files to create suitable lighting designs.
- Good working knowledge of lighting-related standards, schemes and calculations.
- Customer Service Orientated.
- Team player.
- Results focussed, the ability to handle large volumes of data and to run multiple projects concurrently.
- Persistent and diligent with focus on attention to detail.
- Assertive and dynamic with a willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
- Clear communicator – written and verbal.
The ideal candidate would also possess the following:
- Relevant experience in the lighting industry.
- Understanding of building services.
- Proven track record of office and industrial lighting design.
- Knowledge of BIM preferred.
- Computer-Aided Design Software (AUTOCAD, etc.).
- Experience with CAD and Revit software to generate BIM files.
Sound like you? Apply today - Immediate start!
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007