- Date posted
- 16th January 2020
- North West
- United Kingdom
- £22,000 to £28,000
- £22-28k + Commission + Company Vehicle
Merchandiser - M62 Corridor - WANTED!!
Merchandiser - £22-28k + Commission + Company VehicleOur client is a very well established business within the heating industry. They are seeking a Merchandiser to cover the M62 Corridor. Who is an enthusiastic, driven and a determined individual to promote and sell their brand through independent and national plumbing merchant businesses.
You will be responsible for displays, stock and promoting the sale of this brand. In return, you will get a business which cares about their employees by being supportive and motivating. You will be entitled to a bonus scheme, get a company vehicle, phone, laptop etc..
Day to Day DutiesReporting directly to the Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for promoting the sale of the Company’s products and services to existing and new customers as defined by the Regional Sales Manager, accurately recording and processing related documents and records. To obtain new business in line with company policy. To understand and be able to present the Company’s Mission and Vision statements and be able to present an overview of its strategic objectives.
Product & Technical Knowledge
- To acquire and maintain complete knowledge concerning the Company’s range of products and services.
- To apply this knowledge in relation to customers requirements and problems.
- To keep up to date with changes in the technology and development of our industry which in turn affect the Company’s product.
Planning and Organisation
- Effective planning of events, making appointments for a core of events around which to build the day’s activities
- Visit the distribution outlets of agreed customers and present the company’s products to trade customers
- To maintain up to date literature, sales aids and price lists.
- Work closely with distribution to ensure that they cooperate and work actively with you to promote the events and the companies products
- To work closely with the marketing department to ensure that events are run smoothly and efficiently
- To ensure that events are well promoted well in advance
- To ensure your vehicle is properly serviced by the nominated service provider and kept in a clean and tidy manner by yourself.
- Any equipment issued to assist you in your role (i.e. laptop, mobile, stands etc) should be cared for in a respectful manner to ensure it is fit for use.
- To support the Marketing Department with presentations, exhibitions, promotions and other such activities as are deemed necessary between yourself and the management.
- To assist on Exhibition stands as and when required.
- To obtain enquiries from the customer base:
- Conducting an approach or opening in the interview that obtains the opportunity to present the Company's merchandise to meet the prospect’s needs.
- Providing a satisfactory presentation combined with the demonstration as appropriate.
- To follow up quotations and using good sales practice convert to an order, either direct or through distribution.
- Continually to sharpen selling skills and activities by:
- Preparing beforehand the sequence of selling activity required for each type of interview encountered.
- Using good sales techniques and wherever possible levelling up to best practice.
- To ensure customer satisfaction by providing liaison with the relevant departments of the Company, and following up by checking the service provided by those departments in accordance with the Company’s Quality Policy.
- To provide continual feedback through completion of formal reports concerning:
b) The acceptance of products, prices, and service in general.
c) The existence of product sales opportunities not being exploited by the Company regarding:
- existing range - new markets
- modified range - existing markets
- modified range - new markets
- new range - existing markets
- new range - new markets
e) The success or failure and the reasons why of quotations and tenders and report effectively and timely into the project tracking system.
- To acquire and maintain up to date information concerning competitors’ products and services and related pricing policies and marketing strategies.
- To provide continual commentary on customers’ business, developments and marketing activities, particularly where their needs are, and our existing range of products is concerned.
Sound like you?! Apply today.. Interviewing Now!!
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007