- Date posted
- 20th August 2020
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £28,000 to £35,000
- ££ Superb Basic + Bonus + Career Path
Superb Independent Lighting Co Now Hiring - Don't Miss This!Technical Support Engineer - (LED Lighting) £28k + Neg Basic + Bonus + Benefits
The primary focus of this position is to provide all aspects of technical support to the UK Sales team to develop and manage the Lighting revenue stream in the assigned region. Responsibility will include the management of bids and tender submissions in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs) from customers, design of Lighting schemes for all projects and general technical support both pre and post order.
Provision, creation and presentation of CPD program.
- Responsible for managing bids and tenders in response to Request for Proposals (RFPs) from existing or prospective clients for projects
- Orchestration and creation of the solution and the company’s proposal ensuring compliance with customer requirements and highlighting company value proposition
- Ensure the smooth running of the bid for a project within the correct time and financial parameters, and manage the relationship with the client
- Works with company board directors, C-level management i.e. CEO, CFO to bring and deliver strategic approaches to win bids
- To work closely with all of members of the company core team to obtain the required information for the bid and to bring in subject matter experts when required to support the bid
- For major projects to help produce the lighting concept and design how the concept can be implemented utilising the company’s product portfolio and demonstrating to the client the superior performance of the range of fixtures
- Working with the Regional Sales Manager’s to present the lighting design in order to lead to the specification and order for the scheme proposed
- To act as the first line of contact with the customers on all technical enquiries and questions
- To manage the after sales quality issues through the company’s CRM process
- Must be self-motivate and able to independently manage various activities with minimal supervision.
- Establish strong business relationships with key end user and specification customers
- Effectively communicate/present the Lighting Value Proposition and leverage it to create a competitive advantage
- Provide competitive market information to management to help drive the direction of product marketing and development
- Propose new product opportunities to business development teams based on customer needs, timing, and compliance with Co.’s Lighting core competencies, competitive intensity and general segment attractiveness
- Support local and national trade shows as needed
- Work with other managers and marketing personnel across the Lighting business unit to continuously upgrade the customer solutions process
- Support the RSM’s to meet and exceed Co.’s Lighting revenue targets
Works with the RSM’s to meet or exceed sales quotas consistently
Submits bids, tenders and quotations in line with the regional sales quotas
Wins bids, tenders and submissions in line with the target hit rate objectives for the sales region
Maintains detailed project records on an on-going basis, and provides additional written details on important customer developments or feedback by request. This includes providing weekly updates on projects-to-quota and market activities and the use of the CRM program.
Participates professionally and freely with Lighting senior management on the business development and planning process. Available to participate in key planning discussions.
Sound like you ? Apply today - Immediate start !
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007