- Date posted
- 23rd March 2021
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £52,000
- ££ Superb Basic + Bonus + Career Path
British Manufacturer Now Hiring - EARLY APPLICATIONS STRONGLY ADVISED !
Quality Control Manager - Electrical Manufacturer ( Based Surrey ) £48-55kThe Factory QC Manager is a critical role to ensure quality throughout all manufacturing operations from goods in inspection, varied manufacturing processes including press, fabrication and assembly, through to final inspection & packing.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Ensure that finished product meets expected quality, functional, cosmetic and safety standards, driving change and improvements where necessary. This encompasses the complete manufacturing process from goods in to final packing.
Factory QC Management
- Be a Quality evangelist
- Be a role model for quality in the factory:
- Don’t accept “it’s the way we’ve always done it.
- Look for improvements at all times
- Share & educate colleagues in quality
Team / Personnel ManagementResponsible for the factory quality team Ensure appropriate rotas/plans are in place to ensure adequate QC cover for holidays, training, etc.
Managing selection, initial training and ongoing skills assessment for Factory QC Stamp Holders.
- NVQ/HND in an engineering or manufacturing subject that includes quality management modules.
- 2/3 years quality management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good understanding of standard metal working and electrical wiring techniques.
- Knowledge of electro mechanical assembly methods and testing and inspection.
- Basic knowledge of final finishing, powder coating, spray painting, electroplating etc.
- Knowledge of plastic injection moulding techniques and inspection.
- Working knowledge of the national and international quality standards BSI, UL.
- Willing to be hands on to undertake inspection essential and experienced in inspecting both mechanical and electrical parts.
- An ability to provide unique solutions to unexpected scenarios.
- Good MS Office skills and a proven ability to produce production guidelines, test instructions and QA control documentation.
- Experience and regular interaction with a current ERP system.
- Ability to converse with suppliers in a way that resolves issues quickly & effectively involving procurement and supplier whilst maintaining good relationships.
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively and supportively with team members.
- Ability to perform analysis of data for effective understanding of QC control.
- Ability to plan and organise QC inspections.
- Able to travel to supplier location for product inspection using own initiative when needed.
- Able to work in a factory environment.
- Full colour vision.
- Some lifting necessary so must be able to do this.
Sound like you ? Apply today - Immediate start !
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007