- Date posted
- 3rd May 2019
- United Kingdom
- £38,000 to £43,000
- £Superb Basic Plus Open Ended Commission + Car
LEADING MANUFACTURER NOW HIRING IN SCOTLAND - EARLY APPLICATIONS ADVISED !!
Area Sales Manager - (Scotland) £40k+ Neg Basic Plus Un-Capped Commission + Car
The Company:One of the UK’s largest electrical equipment manufacturing companies with market leading, impressive and established brands are currently recruiting. Their products are designed to satisfy the needs of specifiers, wholesalers, contractors and end-users.
Our client has an exciting vacancy for an experienced Area Account Manager with a background selling into the Electrical Wholesale / Contractor markets.
The successful applicant will be taking on a newly created region of Scotland !
Key areas of responsibility:
- Pro actively engage with Electrical Wholesaler Channel to help create new "push/pull" business stream.
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels with key wholesaler personnel, especially the Principal, Buyer and Trade Counter Sales teams.
- Liaise with the Internal Account Managers to support sales process.
- Negotiate prices and rebates to maximise sales and retained margins.
- Assess Wholesaler / Contractor sales opportunities and assist to win business.
- Ensure all wholesalers fully comply with Terms and Conditions, including payment terms – all commercial matters.
- Acquire a high degree of individual Wholesaler and product knowledge.
- Attend exhibitions and events where required to showcase products and services.
- Ensure day-to-day issues are being resolved in a timely and efficient manner by internal staff, and work closely with all departments to present a unified, consistent proposition to clients.
- Maximise Wholesaler & Contractor satisfaction.
- Produce forecasting and progress reports
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of key activities within each customer; conduct regular status and strategy meetings with the individual customer’s senior management team.
- Proven track record & experience of success demonstrated in sales in the electrical wholesale industry and a track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- A sound understanding of Electrical Wholesalers (National & Independents) and Contractor channel business models. Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Detailed record keeping and strong attention to detail. Ability to develop relationships with a wide variety of individuals, internally and externally to the company.
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to tailor messages to the audience.
- Excellent Customer management and relationship building capabilities.
- A strong desire to succeed in a highly competitive environment.
- The ability to execute against strategic goals, and to act upon their own initiative, strong team player.
- A desire to provide the highest quality of service.
- The ability to grow and develop new accounts.
- The ability to work alone
A fantastic opportunity to be part of and significantly influence a new region and to work in a focused and adaptive environment with experienced like-minded team of professionals….
Sound like you ? Apply today - Immediate start!
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007