- Date posted
- 24th May 2019
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £35,000 to £40,000
- £38K Neg Basic + Performance Bonus + Major Co. Benefits
MANUFACTURER NOW HIRING - EARLY APPLICATIONS ADVISED !!
Product Development Engineer (Lighting Products) £38k+ Neg Basic + Benefits
The business is entering a global expansion phase with rapid growth in sales channels. This is a new and exciting role based at their HQ in the South East.
The Product Development Opportunity:The primary role of the Product Development engineer is to design and develop new products and design features in-line with the company NPD (New Product Development) road map, and maintain and continuously improve existing products.
The Role:Design and development of new and existing products
Specification of test requirements and development and execution of prototype testing.
Document and software control
Supporting other Product Designers
Responsibilities: - Product Design and DevelopmentSupporting the Technical Director in interpreting and translating the Product Design Specification into product design proposals and finished design, at or below target cost
- Operate CAD (Computer Aided Design) and other software as applicable
- Liaise and collaborate with key suppliers/ sub-contractors on technical product development matters
- Support pilot production runs as needed until mass production
- Manage own workload to meet key project objectives set by Technical Director
- Participate in design reviews
- Analyse data and write Technical Reports
- Prepare and present information, ideas and data to Internal and External Customers
- Arranging and chairing relevant meetings, minute taking and circulation
- Complete DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) studies and identifying test requirements
- Prepare test plans
- Develop Prototypes including design, manufacture and testing
- Maintain records, filing documents and data
- Create and maintain document and data revision registers
- Operate the Engineering Change Control System
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of our product range
Project Management:Responsible for successfully managing designated technical projects
Establishes project specific goals, communicates them effectively to all project stakeholders, and devises strategies in order to meet them effectively and efficiently
Communication:Work and assist in the facilitation of team, customer and supplier/partner meetings
Develops lasting relationships with suppliers/partners that foster strong ties with them.
Understands expectations that were set with suppliers/partners and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery
This company are looking for a highly competent and professional person with extensive experience of product design.
You will have:
- Applicable Degree and / or HNC (Higher National Certificate), HND (Higher National Diploma) in Engineering
- Solid experience in an applicable engineering product development role (preferably electro-mechanical)
- Proven ability to take NPD projects from concept through to mass production
- An all-encompassing desire to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Good level of competence in the use of mid to high level 3D CAD Package (SolidWorks, Inventor, Siemens NX or similar)
- Good level of competence in the use of other design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Detailed knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes for correct specification to production capabilities e.g. plastic injection moulding, die-casting, sheet metal pressings, machining etc.
Sound like you? Apply today - Immediate start!
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007