- Date posted
- 18th July 2019
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £48,000 to £55,000
- £55K + High OTE + Car
MANUFACTURER NOW HIRING FOR A DESIGN LEADER - EARLY APPLICATIONS ADVISED !!
Lighting Design Manager (London) £48- 55k+ Neg Plus Co Benefits + Car / Allowance
- Design and develop detailed lighting schemes to support sales of solutions. This will primarily cover indoor projects such as retail shops, hotels, sports lighting, flood lighting, industrial and commercial interiors.
- Work / apply applications design software to produce lighting designs mainly for Commercial / Industrial lighting that meet industry standards and customer specifications.
- Manage the Design Team on a day to day basis and follow up designs with Senior Designer and develop designs with input from application engineers / sales team / customers during projects.
- Be knowledgeable and able to apply relevant industry and segment guidelines, standards and regulatory trends and be able to translate these to the commercial team.
- Collaboration on product and projects presentation to end users, specifiers, partners (ESCOs), engineers and architectural offices, municipalities and local governments.
- Interact with the stakeholders to ensure the lighting effect meets the customers and regulatory requirements.
- Implement design changes (if required).
- Support lighting payback calculations (ROI) on a project by project basis in order to meet customer expectations.
- Travel to client locations to educate, direct and coordinate design of lit spaces.
- Relevant industry qualifications in Lighting Design disciplines.
- Working/practical experience of delivering lighting design projects.
- Knowledge of lighting design software, fully conversant with Autocad Relux & Dialux software.
- Knowledge of industry organizations and understanding of standards influencing industry designs.
- Understanding of the use of Photoshop is an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge of International lighting and photometric standards.
- Able to understand and communicate technical and commercial data to sales teams and customers.
- PC literate (MS Word, Excel, Power-point, MSX/ Outlook).
- Fluency English.
- Skilled in Autocad (Drawing manipulation and output) is essential.
- Desire/drive to improve knowledge and skills.
- Organized, attentive to detail
A superb opening for a design professional that seeks a managerial lead role !
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007