- Date posted
- 6th August 2019
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £65,000 to £85,000
- £Superb basic + High OTE + Exec Benefits
BRITISH MANUFACTURER NOW HIRING - EARLY APPLICATIONS ADVISED!
International Sales Manager / Director £££ High Basic Plus HIGH OTE + Car / Allowance
Reporting to the Managing Director with the Market responsibility: Middle East, Australasia, Far East, and Europe (priority focus countries to be agreed), the selected candidate will already have a successful International sales background within (ideally) the lighting industry, though candidates with demonstrable successful track records in managing Trade & Project sales teams selling to Electrical Distributors, Agents and Consulting Engineers and Contractors will be considered. The ideal candidate will possess a recognised electrical industry qualification or a similar technical qualification and must have a technical / engineering aptitude. Someone with the ability to lead and motivate 3rd party sales teams containing differing skill and ability levels i.e. someone who employs a contextual leadership style which is not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop and seek International new business opportunities aligned to the strategic objectives.
- Day-to-day support of international distribution channels, both from the UK base and whilst in-market. The role will involve regular visits to and time in the focus markets.
- Develop and implement the sales strategy (supported by the marketing team) to grow the revenue and profitability from the assigned geographical areas.
- Coach, mentor and train the distribution partners in the effective selling of products.
- Working with the local distribution sales teams, develop senior level customer contacts and a personal network of key customer relationships.
- Decide sales revenue targets for the region and participate in associated budget planning activities.
- Focus on specifiers handling projects in related International activities and support the UK team in securing project specifications.
- Participate in developing and leading meetings and training sessions ‘in market’ related to new products, technical developments, and CPD type presentations.
- Liaise with internal sales, technical, and operations personnel to ensure that planned objectives to support the regional sales targets are met.
- Prepare monthly reports detailing the sales activity, opportunities, market conditions and to provide a regional forecast for expected orders. Be an active user of the company CRM system.
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate their understanding of the need, and their ability to bring in short, medium and long term business.
With an excellent basic salary offered dependent on experience the business also offers this team player an open ended commission structure, company car/opt out scheme, health care & contributory pension scheme after a qualifying period, laptop and mobile phone.
This is a ‘stand on your own two feet’ position where only the most dedicated professionals would be suited.
An exciting opportunity to join this British Manufacturer. that offers superb career prospects and financial security !
Immediate Start ... Apply today!
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007