- Date posted
- 23rd September 2020
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £48,000 to £55,000
- ££ Superb Basic + Bonus + Career Path
MAJOR UK LIGHTING BRAND NOW HIRING - EARLY APPLICATIONS STRONGLY ADVISED !
Business Development Manager (London + SE) £55k Neg Basic + High Commission + Car / Allowance
Job DescriptionThis Lighting business currently has a job vacancy for a Business Development Manager for their Lighting team in the London and South East area.. the successful candidate will highly likely become the Regional Manager and manage a dedicated sales team !
Summary:The BDM will be tasked to drive revenue in the geographic area by working effectively with M&E Consultants, L'Auth's, ESCOs, and general contractors. A primary focus for this role is road lighting / street lighting, in addition to other industrial lighting products.
- You will perform such work as your manager may assign or delegate to you from time to time. In general, your duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Gain and obtain specifications for lighting projects within an assigned area. Responsible for execution of quarterly and annual sales targets. Contribute in determining quarterly/annual goals and bonuses for Company.
- Directly support major players in the assigned area including: Distributors, large retailers, industry groups, ESCO companies, and general and electrical contractors.
- Responsible for managing assigned quarterly budget.
- Support definition of sales strategies and marketing plans. Actively support promotion activities with customer visits, sales calls and any other activity needed to generate and grow sales revenue. Actively promote & sell products / brand into Local Authorities.
- Promote Company and its products and technology to specifiers to drive specification of projects with standard and custom products.
- Actively support Quality and Customer Service teams to address and resolve requests of assistance from the field including issues on installations, any request of technical support from customers.
- Actively manage opportunity pipeline in to Company selected tools to properly forecast orders and facilitate product forecasting of inside teams.
- Responsible for tender deadlines in the assigned areas.
What you need for success:
- College degree required or equivalent business experience.
- Experience building relationships in the lighting industry via M&E Consultants & Contractors
- 2-5 years of sales experience in the lighting fixtures industry.
- Proven experience working with end users, specifiers, contractors, retailers and distributors.
- Experience with exterior lighting, roadway / street lighting product families, in addition to other industrial lighting product lines.
- Computer skills – Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Internet Research.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around obstacles.
- Demonstrated history of key account sales/business development success.
- Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactics, basic market research techniques, product demonstration and sales techniques.
Sound like you? Apply today - Immediate start!
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007