- Date posted
- 20th May 2019
- South West
- United Kingdom
- £65,000 to £75,000
- £££ High Basic + Superb Exec Benefits !
PRINCIPAL ELECTRICAL ENGINEER WANTED IN BRISTOL !!
Principal Electrical Engineer ££ High Basic Plus Bonus + Exec Benefits
The Role:Our Clients are a leading Building Design Practice with a new office opening in Bristol, they now seek to appoint an experienced, motivated Senior / Principal Electrical Design Engineer looking to develop their career in a positive environment and join a team where talent is encouraged and personal development opportunities unrivaled. This role will be based in a "new office" opening shortly in Bristol, but presents the opportunity to join a national delivery team and work with designers across the UK and Internationally.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK. The Building Design practice work on projects across all target markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation.
The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design, management & leadership of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a fast expanding building design consultancy.
Their focus is on developing staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing mentoring and leadership to expand on digital skills and project management.
The Practice is committed to developing ways of working using emerging Digital Technology and the global reach offered by an organisation of their size and reach. The ideal individual will bring strong technical skills to the role, as well as an inquiring mind able to contribute to the growth of the digital practice, and the ability to lead and manage large and diverse delivery teams, locally and remotely.
- Take an active role in managing, recruiting, supervising and training junior/graduate engineers, leading building projects of various sizes, taking an active role in project leadership and client facing activity.
- Oversee and manage all aspects of multi-disciplinary projects, engaging with the project design team, contractors and clients.
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary low voltage electrical installations.
- Carrying out electrical power and lighting design calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Work in partnership with Group offices to add value to building services projects
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Increase knowledge, and use of, Company capabilities outside of Building Services
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services
- Engineering or related subjects
- Chartered Engineer or working towards being a Chartered Engineer with CIBSE/IET
- Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor environment is desirable
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with clients is essential!
- Strong understanding of the commercial aspects of project management
Sound like you?? Apply today .. Immediate Start!
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007