- Date posted
- 16th April 2021
- South East
- United Kingdom
- £70,000 to £80,000
- ££ Superb Basic + Bonus + Career Path
GLOBAL BRAND NOW HIRING - EARLY APPLICATIONS STRONGLY ADVISED !
International Continuous Improvement Manager ( Industrial Manufacturing ) £75k+ Neg Basic + Bonus + Car + Major Co. Benefits
Company DescriptionOur Client is an industry leader in the Manufacture of Electrical and Safety & Infrastructure Products and Solutions, serving a wide range of construction, electrical, fire and security and mechanical applications.
The Group is comprised of two business areas: Electrical Solutions and Safety and Infrastructure Solutions, publicly held, and steadily growing, they have more than 3,500 employees worldwide.
Opening and LocationThe company currently has an opening for a Continuous Improvement Lean Leader to be a contributing team member to their Electrical / Infrastructure Solutions team.
The role is a critical part of their growth mission and is a key role to play to support on excellence in Strategy, People, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management to manage and sustain the business they have today, and Strategy Deployment Processes to create the business they aspire to become.
Reporting and ResponsibilitiesReporting to the International CEO the Lean Leader will act as a key change agent for deploying the Lean Business Solutions. This position is responsible for planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining continuous improvement programs. This role will offer support to multiple Manufacturing facilities for both operational and transactional improvements and is a platform for operational advancement within International Group.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Lean Daily Management• Lead and facilitate process improvement workshops and improvement projects to drive business results across the organization.
• Partner with all functions to define process capabilities, assess gaps and develop gap closure plans.
• Develop and drive Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and continuous improvement roadmap's and action plans.
• Identify and create standard processes throughout the organisation.
• Mentor, influence and develop potential lean practitioner candidates through their projects and events driving business change.
• Ensure site level goals and metrics are aligned to the business strategy.
• Engage the plant teams in setting specific goals around Lean initiatives. This includes working with leadership to drive lean daily management in key areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
• Provide functional leadership and assist team members with awareness, knowledge and guidance of Lean principles, methodologies, and tools to support achievement of business objectives.
• Plan and facilitate kaizen activities/events across the International organisation.
Qualifications• A bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 1 to 3 years of similar work experience in a Manufacturing operation; or an equivalent number of years of education and work experience.
• Green Belt or higher certification preferred.
• History leading and supporting Kaizen events (5S, SMED, Kanban, TPM six sigma.).
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and technology.
• Possess a high level of technical expertise, ability to apply skills to continuous process improvement while maintaining maximum levels of safety.
• Ability to influence and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization from senior management to hourly employees.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to occasionally work off shift to provide training and facilitate continuous improvement initiatives to all production shifts.
• Ability to work both as a member of a team, a team leader or as an individual contributor. Experience developing and documenting Standard Work for all levels of the organization.
• Must be able to travel 20%+ of the time.
• All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports their core values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork and Accountability.
Sound like you! Apply today - Immediate start !
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007