- Date posted
- 16th March 2021
- West Midlands
- United Kingdom
- £45,000 to £55,000
- ££ Superb Basic + Bonus + Career Path!
SUPERB LEADERSHIP ROLE IN MANUFACTURING - EARLY APPLICATIONS STRONGLY ADVISED!
Engineering Manager - West Midlands (Automation) £50-55k Neg Basic Plus Bonus + BenefitsOverview:
The Engineering Manager will take a hands on role and manage a team of engineers whose primary task is to :-
- Direct, review and approve product design and changes
- Encourage, facilitate and support innovative product design
- Assign, direct and evaluate team members work and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence
- Prepare budgets, bids and contracts and direct the negotiation of research contracts
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and estimates
- Present and explain proposals, report, and findings to clients
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications
- Set scientific and technical goals within broad outlines provided by top management
- Lead the delivery of all engineering tasks associated with the development and implantation of New Product Introduction
- Confer with management, production and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyse technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to make decisions and solve problems
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Visionary, organised and efficient and must have a strong working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor / Ilogic software packages!
Sound like you ? Apply today - Immediate start !
Apply for this job today OR TALK TO US +44 (0)1252 759007